Rules of Omaha Hi Low Poker
Omaha Hi - Low is a popular game online - although perhaps not as popular as standard Omaha. This is largely for the reason that players don't like to share pots - and in this variation, there will be a winner of the high hand and a winner of a low hand, provided one qualifies. This is an area that often causes confusion - knowing what the best low hand is.
With the exception of the addition of a possible low hand qualifying, Omaha rules apply.
General Game Rules
- Highest hand must split the pot with the lowest qualifying low hand
- Players must use 2 of their hole cards in combination with three from the board to make their highest and lowest hands
- Any two of the players four cards can be used for high, and any two can be used for low
- Aces can be played as either high or low
- In order to qualify for the low half of the pot the low hand must have no card over 8
- There is a three raise limit per round
Availability online is very good for this game - check out the best hi-low sites.
Important Beginners Guides..
Read this no nonsense guide on how to play poker - covering the basics and game play. Perfect for those starting out.
A no nonsense guide on how to play the game. Ideal for beginners looking to take the first steps on learning the game.
Check out this set of rules. It's as close to universal as you will get! Most card rooms use a variation of these.
As a new player, there are a number of offers that we have that offer a free cash amount, paid to you before you make a deposit!