Rules - Code of Conduct in Poker
Every card rooms adopts a code of conduct and it's important to know the rules around what you can and can't do. You'll generally find most of these rules, or variations of them, in almost every respected card room around the world. It is a good idea to familiarize yourself with all the rules as some aren't obvious. It's also a good idea to check the code of conduct at your local card room as card rooms do implement their own rules, some of which may vary.
If you're looking for a set of rules that you can use in your card room - these rules cover the full range of conduct. Feel free to tweak and use for your own purposes.
Management will attempt to maintain a pleasant environment for all customers and employees, but is not responsible for the conduct of any player in it's venue. We have established a code of conduct, and may deny the use of our card room to anyone who violates it. The following is not permitted:
- Collusion with another player or any other form of cheating.
- Verbally or physically threatening any patron or employee.
- Using profanity or obscene language.
- Creating a disturbance by arguing, shouting, or making excessive noise.
- Throwing, tearing, bending, or crumpling cards.
- Destroying or defacing property.
- Using an illegal substance.
- Carrying a weapon.
The following actions are improper, and grounds for warning, suspending, or barring a violator:
- Deliberately acting out of turn.
- Deliberately splashing chips into the pot.
- Agreeing to check a hand out when a third player is all-in.
- Reading a hand for another player at the showdown before it has been placed face up on the table.
- Telling anyone to turn a hand face up at the showdown.
- Revealing the contents of a live hand in a multi handed pot before the betting is complete.
- Needlessly stalling the action of a game.
- Deliberately discarding hands away from the muck. Cards should be released in a low line of flight, at a moderate rate of speed (not at the dealer's hands or chip-rack).
- Stacking chips in a manner that interferes with dealing or viewing cards.
- Making statements or taking action that could unfairly influence the course of play, whether or not the offender is involved in the pot.
THE USE OF TABACCO
These rules are for an establishment that does not completely bar smoking (yes - they do still exist):
- The seat on each side of the dealer is a non smoking seat.
- Cigar or pipe smoking is not allowed in the card room.
- Smoking by a guest or spectator is not allowed.
Important Beginners Guides..
Read this no nonsense guide on how to play poker - covering the basics and game play. Perfect for those starting out.
A no nonsense guide on how to play the game and win! Ideal for those looking to turn their game around and start posting profits.
Check out this set of rules. It's as close to universal as you will get! Most card rooms use a variation of these.
As a new player, there are a number of offers that we have that offer a free cash amount, paid to you before you make a deposit!